Monday, April 11, 2011

One can not expect for others to do, what one should be doing for self

For some time now, I have been hearing and reading about the disappointments many a person are feeling about things from A-Z, it is of my humble opinion that until we all take the responsibility that we must accept for our actions or in-action in life, we will not obtain the desired results that we claim we are seeking. It is fine to look for help in that which we are endeavoring to achieve, however, at the end of the day, it is we ourselves that are to delight in or suffer from our choices. For most, it is easy to complain about our station in life or the environment in which we live or have come from. I like to look at adversity as an opportunity to overcome rather than a reason to fall into a state of dementia. Many complain about the education system and all that goes with it, class size, lack of funds (which in most cases that I have looked into is not a valid one), etc. One of the principal  reasons that most people find themselves and their family as a whole in is, too long we as a people have relied on the government to do for us, I am of the opinion that welfare in whatever form has done more to hinder our advance in life than it has in fostering self worth which equal to self esteem and accountability, therefore, we as a whole have not learned responsibility nor have we taken on accountability. Hand-out usually means waiting around for someone to give that which one should be actively seeking for themselves, I often think of what the God father of Soul (James Brown) said many years ago, "I don't want nobody to give me nothing; Open the door, I'll get it myself". Until we have a change or conditioning of the mind, I'm afraid we will consequently lag at the bottom of the social, economic ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment